Performs various accounting and bookkeeping functions for clients of the firm; records transactions within established systems and procedures; and helps generate financial reports.
- Verifies and enters details of transactions as they occur in computerized accounting system.
- Prepares monthly financial statements accurately and timely.
- Prepares appropriate schedules and reports as requested.
- Handles daily/monthly accounting, including disbursements.
- Prepares payroll and all payroll tax returns on timely basis.
- Prepares sales tax returns.
- Prepares bank reconciliations monthly.
- Researches accounts payable and accounts receivable issues as needed.
- Filing of accounting and legal records, within established systems and procedures.
- QuickBooks Pro Advisor designation preferred, knowledge of QuickBooks software necessary.
- Knowledge of other accounting software, including Creative Solutions beneficial.
- College course work in accounting is preferred.
- Must be client attentive with a high degree of professionalism
- Client oriented and ability to communicate and focus on individual client needs.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience related to a computerized accounting system, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reports.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Proficiency with computer and other general office equipment.
- Understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely - verbally and in writing.
- Works with confidential matters and requires ability to keep matters confidential.
Careers at KEB
Kerber, Eck & Braeckel LLP is a regional accounting firm located in the Midwest. We have earned an excellent reputation for being a high-quality firm that provides outstanding client service. KEB offers a competitive wage and benefit package and salary is commensurate with experience